One-Another

A blog dedicated to helping encourage one another and stir one another up in love and good works that we might see Hebrews 10:24-25 become a greater reality in our lives. Also, a great place to share stories, photos, anouncements and pranks among friends! Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Project Night

Hello sisters (yeah, sorry guys—you’ll have to come up with something to do on your own). As promised, a posting on “Project Night.” I see this as a great place to bring friends (including non-Christians); we can be salt and light while crocheting, quilting, scrapbooking, painting, making cards, writing, etc. And like I said at small group on Sunday, even if you don’t have a current project, just bring yourself!

When: The 4th Thursday of every month, 7:00 p.m. (first one is August 24)

Where: Preislers’ home (address forthcoming via email)

What: Time to work on whatever you’re working on while enjoying the company of other women, plus treats!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen2 said...

I knit....are knitters allowed?

Looking forward to quality time with the girls !
(on my calendar too)

Thank you for thinking / planning for this - I think that it'll be great. :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

ALL projects are allowed, Oatmeal! I knit a couple of times when I was 10 or 11, but found one hook (a.k.a. crocheting) to be much preferable to two. ;)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

My flight arrives into Minneapolis the 28th of september at 6am (its a red eye)...
I may just be able to crash numero DOS meeting.

and i've been known to punch out a couple of crocheted beanies...

7:49 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Great, Joanna. It would be so fun to have you!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Heidi - I am WITH you on that one - I'm a one-hook girl! (I was going to say a one-hooker - but that would have been awkward.) Ha-ha. Joey (oh, is that alright if I call you that??), you crochet too? Love it...
And beanies at that...you'll definitely have to teach me a little!
This first one, I will be having hockey practice, but I'll certainly try to come to the second! I love the idea Heidi.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Jen2 said...

Hey Joanna - I have taken Thursday Sept 28th off as a vacation day for you sister!
Would you like me to pick you up at the airport friend?

My email is jennifer_daas@yahoo.com
Let me know how I can make your trip to MN the best ever~ (hanging with Heidi is a given :)

A precious promise from our Great God to His beloved daughters ~

Hos 6:3
"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; HE WILL COME TO US AS THE SHOWERS, as the spring rains that water the earth."

I think of this verse, every time it rains :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Aspiring Girl said...

You women rock.

Jen2- that is an amazing verse and "ironically" enough it's raining here in sunny CA as I read that verse. :-)
I'm sending you an email.

Jennifer- I can teach you to make the most awesome, radical, bodacious beanie that will knock people's socks off by just looking at it.

And yes, Joey is fine by me.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love forcing people sock-less.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

It's a "sock-less conspiracy"... I knew that is what you women do on your little "meetings"! I rest my case.

Jon... you owe me five bucks

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home