One-Another

A blog dedicated to helping encourage one another and stir one another up in love and good works that we might see Hebrews 10:24-25 become a greater reality in our lives. Also, a great place to share stories, photos, anouncements and pranks among friends! Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Increase our faith !

Don't know how you might react to this, but last night the Lord was kind to Kristin and I in a seemingly small matter......but with huge blessings of worship and encouragement that we are His, and He cares about all things regarding His children.

Kristin and I were having a smoothie after rollerblading and it began to rain pretty hard. So we took cover under a canopy next to a building, and in not wanting to get our bibles wet I asked the Lord if He would do what he had done in changing the weather another time a couple years ago. (praying with thoughts of James 5:17 "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.")

It kept raining, and Kristin said, "let's just make a run for it" but you know me, I wanted to wait and so I just kept talking. :)
THEN - just as I was finishing telling Kristin a story about how the Lord had granted a prayer a couple years ago and changed the weather - the rain stopped abruptly.
(from a down pour to a very light drizzle)
We ran to our cars and said goodbye, and as I began to drive away, the rain began to pour down again.

The Lord filled my heart with worship and adoration and thankfulness that we waited after praying about it. If we hadn't waited, we would have missed out on seeing what God was going to do!!! Oh, how many times have we felt like we were praying and He wasn't listening.....and then He gives a nudge of encouragement that He hears even a small request such as this, so that I wouldn't get my bible soaking wet.
"Ponder anew, what the Almighty can do, if with His love He befriend thee."

I hope that these verses will encourage your hearts as you pray without ceasing.

Ps 38:15
But for you, O LORD, do I wait; It is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Is 30:18
Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for him

Is 49:23
Then you will know that I am the LORD; Those who wait for me shall not be put to shame.

Lam 3:25
The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Micah 7:7
But as for me, I will look to the LORD;I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Thank you, Jen. I am in the middle of a situation where I must "wait" for an answer--two decent job offers in one day! Prayer appreciated, of course. My immediate reaction, after a rushed prayer, is usually to seek counsel from family. While the Bible has good things to say about seeking godly counsel, the verses you posted here tonight are another good reminder--to wait upon the Lord before I make my own dash out into the rain.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home